As a Clear Horizons volunteer, you can help to give children with autism a brighter future. Whether it is playing with a child or cleaning classroom toys, cheering on runners at a 5K run or helping to organize a school library, there are opportunities for every volunteer to make a difference.
Volunteer Opportunities include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Classroom Aide – Work one-on-one with children and assist with various classroom activities at Clear Horizons Academy. Volunteers must commit to work a 3.5 hour shift, one day a week, for a minimum of six weeks.
- Cleaning Toys – Bring a group of volunteers to Clear Horizons Academy to help clean and sanitize toys. This not only helps keep the school’s teaching resources in good repair, but also helps stop the spread of germs!
- Respite Night – Have your group host a respite night or assist with a respite night already organized. Participate in play and group activities with children with autism and their siblings, while parents enjoy a rare night out.
- Special Event Volunteer – Throughout the year, Clear Horizons hosts special fundraising events. Volunteers are integral to the success of these events.
- Eagle Scout Projects â€“ Clear Horizons has a listing of numerous projects that can be completed as Eagle Scout projects, including: conducting book, toy or classroom supplies drives; constructing therapeutic swings, sand and water tables, and stools; making weighted blankets; etc.
To learn more about volunteer opportunities for individuals or groups, email or call 801.437.0490. To sign up as a volunteer, complete our Volunteer Application.